Thursday, 10 December 2015 17:12
Employee Termination - How To Deal With Critical Moments Graciously
Firing or terminating employees is perhaps the most difficult job for most of the managers; however there are times when they have no option but to do the jobs. This termination can be humiliating for the employee who is being fired while it raises questions in other team member’s mind about the judgement of the managers. So, this employee terminating process is to be handled very carefully. There are many jobs in Yangon and many are getting selected everyday but when it comes to terminating, you have to handle the job gracefully as a manager.
Here are some guidelines to conduct the whole termination process gracefully:
• The first important point is to make sure that this termination should not be a surprise to the employee. For example, if the reason of termination is poor performance, then you make a performance discussion, plan and give time to the employee before taking this extreme step. Similarly if the reason is job elimination or reorganization of the company, there should be proper announcement or proper warning. Just make sure that it does not happen all of a sudden.
• Second, attend the terminating meeting well prepared. The person who will be terminating will naturally have lots of questions regarding the severance arrangements, the official end date, etc., also he might be interested to know that if there is any other opportunities available in the company or if career counselling available etc. Ensure that you can answer everything in a polite way.
• Myanmar jobs or jobs in Yangon are huge and the terminated employees will easily find one. But still the situation is really pathetic when they go through such a difficult process. So they will naturally display emotions, anger and it might also be directed towards you. But the best way to handle the situation is to listen to that person with respect and not to respond. Also suggest him or her to move on in life.
• Finally, offer as much as help is possible to the terminated employees. For example, provide recommendations or let him know about the job vacancies in Myanmar. that you are well aware of. By doing so, you can bring a big difference in the feelings of the terminated employees at the end of the meeting.
So, try to maintain these above tips and you will find it much easier to handle the whole termination process.
You have taken hours to create the perfect resume and spent even more as you go through different job vacancies in Myanmar that suit your profile. All of this hard work pays off when you finally have a job interview with a company you have been looking forward to work with. This may be your first interview ever or you may have gone through interviews before, your chance of getting the job increases if you prepare well. The interview can happen over a video call or in person. These are some things that you must keep in mind which will help you make a better impression on your interviewer.
Dress to Impress
This may seem quite obvious, but that does not mean that you may not give it enough importance. Dress well for your online video interview or a face-to-face interview. Choose the right colors for your outfit. Flamboyance may take the focus away from you so stick to colors that are neutral and are conservative. You should look professional. This is your first impression and you do not want to mess it up because this may be your only chance to it as well.You may boast of a wardrobe that has the most fashionable attires, but you may want to save them for the time when you have been hired.
Take the time to go through the details of the company. Understand their values and vision. An insight into these will give you a better idea about what the company may want from you. It will also help you tailor your answers so that they reflect the company’s vision in them. You may want to check online about what the company’s employees think about the organization. While you may find many jobs in Myanmar, getting your dream job depends on your groundwork about the company and its employees. Websites like Glassdoor and LinkedIn can be helpful for gathering information about the company. All of this research will also help you ask questions to your interviewer when they give you the chance to ask about the company.
Thinking Out of the Box
Organizations are focusing on hiring innovative brains rather than someone who can simply do their job without going the extra mile. When you are looking for a job in Myanmar, you must remember that some interviewers may try to throw you off the track by asking you a question that may seem odd. Prepare yourself for this and rack your brains for the best answer without losing your calm.
This is generally done to check how you may act under pressure. Your reaction will help them analyse your behaviour and you may get the job or lose it based on your answers. So if they ask you what animal you would like to be, your answer should be able to connect with your personality and the job profile that you are being interviewed for.
Friday, 27 November 2015 02:55
Your break between jobs is a great time to organize yourself for your new job. At the same time you will be able to make the most of this time by giving yourself and your family time. Sometimes jobs in Myanmar become so taxing that you do not get the opportunity to enjoy your personal life. While work is important for you to sustain, the time you give to yourself and your family is also very rewarding. Here are a few things that you can do when you move from one company to another and you get a break before you start with your new job in Myanmar:
· Use this time to organize yourself. This is the best time to complete any pending work. It will help you focus on your new job.
· Use your break to connect with your friends and family. You may get immersed in the responsibilities of your new job and there is a possibility that you may not be able to give enough time to your friends and family. So make the most of this break and spend time with your loved ones.
· Use this break to understand your job responsibilities in the new organization. If you went as a well-informed employee your company will recognize your efforts. No matter where you work, employers will always appreciate the groundwork you do before joining the company. It also shows your interest in the job that you have joined.
· Most of the jobs in Yangon offer a work-life balance which makes it easy for the employees. While this is helpful for the employees, you can make your break successful by energizing your mental and spiritual body.
· Go on a vacation. This is your treat for successfully completing your job responsibilities in your last company and embarking on the journey of a new job. As your career graph goes up, your responsibilities will also increase. It is good to be rejuvenated before you start your new job.
· Focus on your career goals and take the time to set your new goals with respect to your company. Create step goals that you can achieve one at a time. This will help you be more focused when you join your new company.
There are many job vacancies in Myanmar and if you are lucky to have job that suits your profile then you must ensure that you focus on it and use your break before you join your new company to revitalize yourself and start afresh.